What Would Cher Do? Created by artist Shari Elf
- Leonard Cohen, kids and their art, nature, my cat Inky,
- I’m inspired by a lot of things. I just keep my ears, eyes, and mind open and get inspired anywhere i am.
- I get inspired at the local beauty school where I go for a shampoo/blowdry every week.
- I get inspired by the locals in Yucca Valley when I go to vons or stater brothers and want to take pictures of them.
Most interesting response to your work so far?
- Maybe it was Cher liking my What Would Cher Do? t-shirt that Ron Zimmerman wore over to her house
- In 2001, just after my cd “i’m forcing goodness upon you” came out, I received an email from a guy who said he had lost his job, his girlfriend and was thinking of taking his life. He heard my cd and says it gave him a new outlook on life. He got a new job, new girlfriend and well, that made me happy, even if he was making all of that up.
- I subscribe to a few fashion magazines for inspiration (W and Vogue i think) as I want to get back into designing clothes (above and beyond the t-shirts). I make clothes for myself and often get comments and compliments. They are usually made from recycled clothes which I find at thrift stores.
- punk kittens: http://www.rathergood.com/
- independent woman: http://www.rathergood.
- the museum of bad art: http://www.museumofbadart.org
Fashion icons in your opinion?
- Cher, of course
- I don’t follow mainstream news that much (I don’t have a tv), but I like people who are willing to take a fashion risk
- I like to look at old ladies for inspiration, especially if they are wearing a hand crocheted sweater.